'twas the day before closing



I have an hour before I have to go pick up the U-Haul truck & trailer and wanted to write a bit before I disassembled the computer. At that point I'll truly be a nomad.

Everything is packed and wrapped up in boxes. I really did hold each item to determine if it made it on the next leg of my life's journey. Most things didn't make it (if you were Pex water tubing or a tool, you had a free pass) but I found good homes for most everything else.

Greg and I had a big garage sale in June, and I invited anyone who ever gave me anything the night before for a "preview" sale. That meant I gave them a big Ikea rainbow bag and let them take whatever they wanted, including the wonderful, amazing gifts they'd given me throughout the years that didn't make the cut to Spokane. That was a happy night.

My flashes of "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING" are happening less and less, and I'm understanding that the Universe really, really wants me to do this. My cousin Cyd from Seattle has made contact, and we're chatting about the state and rednecks and she's going to be a great source of information.  My old pal Kelly also lives in Seattle, and it's nice to reconnect with her, as well.  The pieces are being put into place outside of my consciousness and it's nice to watch it unfold.

Tonight we're having a truck-packing party. Friends are coming over to help pack the truck.

Gonna be hot.


We'll celebrate friendships and understand that change hurts. Today, stopped at the intersection of 75th and Wornall, I looked around and my brain was flooded with a cyclone of memories: buying groceries with food stamps at a long-gone grocery for a dying lover; bartending at a haunted theater that's burned down; installing signage at a hardware store a block away; anticipating the recycled goodies at a Habitat ReStore four blocks south... a sudden crescendo that, just as quickly, disappeared.

It took awhile for the tears to stop.

At home, dogs are freaked, but I've lived such a routine-filled life the past year it's gonna take a bit for them to become accustomed to a new lifestyle that's a bit more adventurous.

Have to go pick up the truck. Will check in throughout the journey with photos and more fun.

Murray and I did a video tour of the empty house last night:
(if you can't watch it on this page, the link is https://youtu.be/CW7ZAqctp6w )



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 Days in Spokane

Damn Ghosts