4 years older. The new home I've purchased versus the one I'm living in now.

It's on North Addison Street,  centrally located, close to downtown, and a total dump.

And I'm loving every second of it.

Think the only thing I'll be able to salvage is the hot water heater, studs, some of the original flooring and exterior. For the past two nights I've woken up, multiple times either screaming "what the fuck are you doing" or "if you combined the dining room and kitchen you could have an awesome party".  That pretty much describes the past few sleepless nights.

The decision to move from a place that I've known all of my adult life to a city that I've only visited three times is complex. I've noticed that I've been pulling away from my friends in KC to prepare for the shift; they know, they understand, but I feel a little guilty for shifting inward to keep me from an emotional chasm when I get into the truck and drive away less than a month from today.

The dogs are adjusting to life with me. I've had Xander as a roommate for nearly 8 years, Clint created a trio nearly 4 years ago. The dogs had constant companionship, and now....its only me. Last night I woke up and saw them sleeping together, which I never had seen:


So I know we're all going thru an adjustment.

So...what about the house?



Housing in Spokane is out of control. I have been told that folks from Seattle (which is 4 hours away) are finding their way there because of housing costs. This is the case with my friend Leo, who lives in this city, moving from Seattle to find a house and to launch his oh-my-god-the-most-awesome-bread-in-the-universe business. www.howglorious.com (subtle plug, but click on the damn link, please)

My pal Joseph is going to drive from KC to Spokane with me, we're gonna take 4 days to do it, which I'll make sure and document in future posts. He's also the guy who sold my KC house in 1 day, with 6 offers. And perhaps I had a bit to do with that, but I like to share glory, since this is my blog and the monologue has been entirely about me up to this point. ;o)

To conclude: here are photos of the new house, which I've never seen, never visited, and after inspections next week, may cause me to pull out hair that I do not have. Thanks for being a part of this journey, my friend.








Fuck, I've got some work ahead of me. ;)

Comments

  1. That's going to be a hellova front porch! I've got some ideas for landscaping, too. 💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that it's going to be adorable and gorgeous. It's got a great personality.
    Brad Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to the east side of the state, and now I have a great reason to make the trip! I'm as excited and terrified for you as you are with this new adventure you've undertaken and will support you every step of the way...from across the state! (And I want to try some of this bread you're touting - yay for carbs!)

    Mwah! K.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4 Days in Spokane

Damn Ghosts